Life Science Centre is an amazing science centre in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne where one ticket gets you everything, making for a great value day out! With hands-on exhibitions and a changing programme of activities throughout the year, there’s always something new to experience.
- Wow Zone. Get hands-on with thrilling and interactive exhibits. Explore how to bend beams of light, see yourself in an infrared camera, and operate the 6-metre-tall ‘Big Machine!’.
- The biggest planetarium in the north. Using Digistar 7 technology – Life’s planetarium system is the most advanced in the region, with state-of-the-art projectors to provide ultra-rich visuals and a truly immersive experience.
- Space Zone. Here you can explore inside a mock-up model of part of the International Space Station and watch shows on the Sphere, a digital globe displaying Earth, Moon and planetary satellite imagery.
- Making Studios. Where you can create, explore and tinker. Live theatre shows. Join our science explainers for amazing live science shows full of exciting demos.
- Experiment Zone. Grab a lab coat and do experiments using real tools and materials. Work on your own, in a team, or enlist the help of a friendly science explainer.
- Just for under 7s. Play Zone is a fascinating world where younger visitors can create make believe meals and entertain in the mini- kitchen and café and learn to recycle everything (it’s never too early to save the planet!)
There are extra pop-up play areas designed especially for our youngest visitors and discovery backpacks to help carers and younger visitors make the most of their visit Some age restrictions apply. See website for details
From November to January, Life hosts an outdoor ice rink in Times Square, just outside the Science Centre (Separate prices apply)